Friday, July 14, 2006

Hedgehog Update and X-Rays




Lots has been going on with the hogs. About four weeks ago Lola had an emergency surgery to remove her enlarged uterus. She's doing just fine, and, besides my having to snip a stitch that was being pushed out of her tummy, we've had no problems.

Heddie also had to go to the vet about two weeks ago. When I returned from work I found her panting, even gasping with an open mouth. I couldn't afford the emergency fee (Lola had to go to the vet at 10pm), so we had to wait a few days until the first available appointment. She lived in the bathroom for two days, which I kept hot and steamy by filling the tub with hot water a couple times. By the time we got to the vet she was still not eating well but was breathing better. I gave her some antibiotics and that seemed to fix her up.

In my trips to the vet, I was able to ask my vet to e-mail me the x-rays of Yoda from his vet visit earlier this year. Those are the pictures at the top of the blog. You can see some cloudiness in his right ear on the top-down view. He had an ear infection, and possibly some damage to his inner ear. Poor boy.

Time for dinner. Enjoy the pics!
~Kristen

No comments: